Wine-tasting Event to Benefit Veterans Group | Business
Members of Vets H.E.R.D. (Helping Empower Returning and Disabled Veterans) are hoping that area businesses and individuals will assist them in their mission of helping Western New York veterans.
The group is planning its Wine Tasting and Chocolate Night from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, at Avezzano’s, 204 Como Park Blvd., Cheektowaga. The evening will feature Lindt Chocolate, a selection of area wines, refreshments and entertainment by Ray Wood, with proceeds going to the organization. While tickets will be $25 each, other sponsorship opportunities also exist for those who hope to donate toward the production of the event.
Businesses and individuals may sponsor the event for $50, and for each $50 sponsorship, the supporter will receive one ticket to the event ($25 value), along with being acknowledged during the event. Donations of wine and basket raffle items also are being sought.
Founded in 2010, the mission of Vets H.E.R.D. is to ensure that no veteran or service member is forgotten upon returning from duty while rallying for the resources that our country’s heroes deserve. The non-profit organization serves veterans and current servicemen and women and their families from across Western New York, helping them to understand what benefits to which they are entitled and directing them to services, either through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or other agencies.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014