Have You Seen These White Deer? | Environment
CLARENCE, NY - A WGRZ-2 On Your Side viewer sent us this photo of what he thinks are two albino deer.
However, according to Andy Parker, who has become something of an expert on local deer, "the deer is likely not an albino (with red eyes) but rather a "white" deer, which is caused by a genetic mutation of the white-tailed deer. White deer in this area are usually linked to the herd from Seneca, NY."
If you have seen any white deer in your neighborhood leave a comment below, and if you have photos send them to us in an email.
Top Clarence Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Turkish Cooking Class -- May 18th, Saturday @1:00pm
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo to salute heroes this Memorial Day
- Funeral Held for Evans Officer Killed in Off-Duty Crash
- Celebrate Mother's Day at the Herschell Carrousel Museum
- "Turkish Passport: The Only Holocaust Story with Happy Ending", May 9th @7:00pm