Have You Seen These White Deer? | Environment
A WGRZ.com visitor from Lynwood, Illinois who saw this story that originally appeared on our Clarence 2 Your Town community website in July 2012 sent us the photos below, with this message:
I saw your article on white deer, asking readers to forward pictures. These were taken in Lynwood, Il. on 11/7/12.
CLARENCE, NY (July 24, 2012) - A WGRZ-2 On Your Side viewer sent us this photo of what he thinks are two albino deer.
However, according to Andy Parker, who has become something of an expert on local deer, "the deer is likely not an albino (with red eyes) but rather a "white" deer, which is caused by a genetic mutation of the white-tailed deer. White deer in this area are usually linked to the herd from Seneca, NY."
If you have seen any white deer in your neighborhood leave a comment below, and if you have photos send them to us in an email.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know about Social Security?