Have You Seen These White Deer? | Environment
A WGRZ.com visitor from Lynwood, Illinois who saw this story that originally appeared on our Clarence 2 Your Town community website in July 2012 sent us the photos below, with this message:
I saw your article on white deer, asking readers to forward pictures. These were taken in Lynwood, Il. on 11/7/12.
CLARENCE, NY (July 24, 2012) - A WGRZ-2 On Your Side viewer sent us this photo of what he thinks are two albino deer.
However, according to Andy Parker, who has become something of an expert on local deer, "the deer is likely not an albino (with red eyes) but rather a "white" deer, which is caused by a genetic mutation of the white-tailed deer. White deer in this area are usually linked to the herd from Seneca, NY."
If you have seen any white deer in your neighborhood leave a comment below, and if you have photos send them to us in an email.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood