Boy Begins Bake Sale For Roswell | News
As part of a homework assignment, Trevor Howell was asked to write about he would do to help people. His answer was excellent, but even better - His words, evolved into actions.
Trevor: "I like to sell stuff personally, so I would probably sell something and I would want to fight cancer because people in our family got sick from cancer and died"
Trevor's mom continues: "so, he he was pondering the things he can do and he said well I can do a bake sale. And then he thought well who can I help and he thought about kids with cancer"
Having family members affected by cancer and a desire to help kids led Trevor to Carly's club, the fundraising arm of Roswell Park Cancer Institute dedicated to serving pediatric patients.
Trevor and his younger sister Cassidi are preparing for this year's charity bake sale.
Cassidi hopped on board early, and has been a wonderful assistant.
This year is number 2. Their first sale last summer exceeded their expectations.
They set up shop in front of Wear 'n Share in Clarence Center.
They set a goal of $500, they raised $766.
Trevor: "and seriously there was no moments when you could just take a break. There was people upon people we could not stop">
And like last year's sale, this year's- is being promoted around the neighborhood with flyers.
Trevor and Cassidi continue to bake cookies, brownies, cupcakes and more.
This year's sale is this Saturday the 10th from 10AM - 2 PM
in front of The Perfect Gift, it's at the intersection of Goodrich and Clarence Center Roads
Again proceeds go to Roswell to fight cancer, which has taken so many loved ones.
Including ones from this family, but this family's fighting back !
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors