Boy Begins Bake Sale For Roswell | News
As part of a homework assignment, Trevor Howell was asked to write about he would do to help people. His answer was excellent, but even better - His words, evolved into actions.
Trevor: "I like to sell stuff personally, so I would probably sell something and I would want to fight cancer because people in our family got sick from cancer and died"
Trevor's mom continues: "so, he he was pondering the things he can do and he said well I can do a bake sale. And then he thought well who can I help and he thought about kids with cancer"
Having family members affected by cancer and a desire to help kids led Trevor to Carly's club, the fundraising arm of Roswell Park Cancer Institute dedicated to serving pediatric patients.
Trevor and his younger sister Cassidi are preparing for this year's charity bake sale.
Cassidi hopped on board early, and has been a wonderful assistant.
This year is number 2. Their first sale last summer exceeded their expectations.
They set up shop in front of Wear 'n Share in Clarence Center.
They set a goal of $500, they raised $766.
Trevor: "and seriously there was no moments when you could just take a break. There was people upon people we could not stop">
And like last year's sale, this year's- is being promoted around the neighborhood with flyers.
Trevor and Cassidi continue to bake cookies, brownies, cupcakes and more.
This year's sale is this Saturday the 10th from 10AM - 2 PM
in front of The Perfect Gift, it's at the intersection of Goodrich and Clarence Center Roads
Again proceeds go to Roswell to fight cancer, which has taken so many loved ones.
Including ones from this family, but this family's fighting back !
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way