Legislator Mills: Hazardous Waste Drop-Off at ECC South Saturday | News
Erie County Legislature’s Minority Leader John J. Mills reminds residents that an Erie County sponsored Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 16 at Erie Community College’s South Campus in Orchard Park. Attendees are asked to enter from Big Tree Road – Route 20A via Abbott Road and follow the posted signs to the drop-off location.
“This is a great opportunity to rid your home of hazardous materials. Please use caution when removing the items from your home and transporting them to the drop-off site. It is extremely important that these items are disposed of properly and not put into our landfills or waterways,” said Legislator Mills.
Items which can be brought to the site include:
- Pesticides, fertilizers, and pool and household chemicals/cleaners
- Oil-based paints and spray cans
- Oil, gasoline, kerosene and antifreeze
- Paint thinner, stripper and solvents
- Batteries – lead acid and rechargeable
- Mercury – thermometers, thermostats and metal
- Propane tanks and cylinders – full or empty
The following items will not be accepted: tires, latex paint, electronics, pharmaceuticals and commercial/industrial waste. Participants may need to verify that wastes are generated by households.
For additional information or to contact Legislator Mills, please call (716) 858-8850; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.erie.gov/legislature/district11.
Top Clarence Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Turkish Cooking Class -- May 18th, Saturday @1:00pm
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo to salute heroes this Memorial Day
- Funeral Held for Evans Officer Killed in Off-Duty Crash
- Celebrate Mother's Day at the Herschell Carrousel Museum
- "Turkish Passport: The Only Holocaust Story with Happy Ending", May 9th @7:00pm