Kansas Man Formally Charged in Clarence Native's Death | News
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) - A suburban Kansas City man has been charged with reckless involuntary manslaughter in the death of an Iraq veteran after a fight.
The Lawrence-Journal World reported that a judge found probable cause Friday to issue a summons in the case against Justin Gonzalez of Mission. His first appearance is scheduled for July 26th.
The case stems from the February death of 27-year-old Nicholas Sardina of Lawrence. The native of the Buffalo suburb of Clarence, New York, is a former student at the University of Kansas and Kansas State University.
Police determined Sardina was involved in a fight hours before his death. His girlfriend reported receiving a text message from Sardina, saying a bottle had been broken over his head in the scuffle.
Gonzalez doesn't have a listed number that could be reached Saturday.
Sardina was laid to rest in his hometown of Clarence in February.
Top Clarence Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Turkish Cooking Class -- May 18th, Saturday @1:00pm
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo to salute heroes this Memorial Day
- Funeral Held for Evans Officer Killed in Off-Duty Crash
- Celebrate Mother's Day at the Herschell Carrousel Museum
- "Turkish Passport: The Only Holocaust Story with Happy Ending", May 9th @7:00pm