Newstead Man Arrested for Growing Marijuana | News
NEWSTEAD, NY- A Newstead man faces drug charges for allegedly growing marijuana in his home.
The DEA, Erie County Sheriff's office and Border Patrol searched the Rapids Road residence Wednesday morning and discovered 336 marijuana plants.
Some of the plants were in excess of 8' tall.
During the raid, officers found a sophisticated irrigation system on the suspect's backyard property and numerous scales and packaged marijuana.
Investigators say the estimated street value is at least $250,000.
John Barron, 50, was charged with felony possession of marijuana and a misdemeanor for violating public health law.
Top Clarence Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “The Brass Ring Thing XIII”: A Renaissance Festival Event
- “Path Through History” Weekend: Hand-carved Heritage in North Tonawanda (Carrousels and More)
- Tonawanda Coke Deadline Approaches For Residents
- Community Finding Projects for Tonawanda Coke Fine Money
- Carrousel Chat: Preserving the Industrial Landscape