Push to Get Solar Panels To Haiti | News
CLARENCE, N.Y.- A outreach project by two local Lutheran churches, to help a school in Haiti, has hit a snag.
Together, Saint Paul's in Eggertsville, and Zion in Clarence, partnered with Solar liberty to help get the electricity needed for power and clean water for the school, and its three hundred students.
Problems have arisen with Haitian customs, but the group hopes that officals of the island nation will see the light.
Photojournalist Dooley O'Rourke talked with Craig Rung who is making the trip to Haiti.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors