Push to Get Solar Panels To Haiti | News
CLARENCE, N.Y.- A outreach project by two local Lutheran churches, to help a school in Haiti, has hit a snag.
Together, Saint Paul's in Eggertsville, and Zion in Clarence, partnered with Solar liberty to help get the electricity needed for power and clean water for the school, and its three hundred students.
Problems have arisen with Haitian customs, but the group hopes that officals of the island nation will see the light.
Photojournalist Dooley O'Rourke talked with Craig Rung who is making the trip to Haiti.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Free Summer Concert on Terrace 8/20
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way