Depew Dr. Charged with Sexually Abusing Patient | News
DEPEW, N.Y - A Depew doctor was arrested Friday for sexually abusing one of his patients, according to local police.
In a written press release, Depew Police said 62-year-old Dr. Dharam Garg, of Clarence, is charged with a criminal sexual act and sexual abuse that took place over a period of two years with a 49-year-old female patient.
According to Depew Police, the female patient told police that the sexual contact happened during scheduled visits at Dr. Garg's medical office in Depew.
The New York State Attorney General's Office and Depew Police Department began investigating after the woman came forward, according to the press release.
In a statement from the New York State Attorney General's Office, the patient used a cell phone to make an incriminating video recording of the doctor in his office.
Dr. Garg admitted to the sexual contact with the patient, according to Depew Police.
Depew Police also stated that additional charges may be forthcoming. Garg turned over his passport to police and will appear back in Depew court this Wednesday.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014