Depew Dr. Charged with Sexually Abusing Patient | News
DEPEW, N.Y - A Depew doctor was arrested Friday for sexually abusing one of his patients, according to local police.
In a written press release, Depew Police said 62-year-old Dr. Dharam Garg, of Clarence, is charged with a criminal sexual act and sexual abuse that took place over a period of two years with a 49-year-old female patient.
According to Depew Police, the female patient told police that the sexual contact happened during scheduled visits at Dr. Garg's medical office in Depew.
The New York State Attorney General's Office and Depew Police Department began investigating after the woman came forward, according to the press release.
In a statement from the New York State Attorney General's Office, the patient used a cell phone to make an incriminating video recording of the doctor in his office.
Dr. Garg admitted to the sexual contact with the patient, according to Depew Police.
Depew Police also stated that additional charges may be forthcoming. Garg turned over his passport to police and will appear back in Depew court this Wednesday.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money