Depew Dr. Charged with Sexually Abusing Patient | News
DEPEW, N.Y - A Depew doctor was arrested Friday for sexually abusing one of his patients, according to local police.
In a written press release, Depew Police said 62-year-old Dr. Dharam Garg, of Clarence, is charged with a criminal sexual act and sexual abuse that took place over a period of two years with a 49-year-old female patient.
According to Depew Police, the female patient told police that the sexual contact happened during scheduled visits at Dr. Garg's medical office in Depew.
The New York State Attorney General's Office and Depew Police Department began investigating after the woman came forward, according to the press release.
In a statement from the New York State Attorney General's Office, the patient used a cell phone to make an incriminating video recording of the doctor in his office.
Dr. Garg admitted to the sexual contact with the patient, according to Depew Police.
Depew Police also stated that additional charges may be forthcoming. Garg turned over his passport to police and will appear back in Depew court this Wednesday.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Man Sentenced to 60 Months in Prison
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "Prophets: Superheros or Prototype Humans", Dec. 15th @5pm
- Williamsville Male Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud
- Welke Customs Brokers Opens New U.S. Headquarters in Tonawanda
- Tim Hortons Opens In Catherine’s Tea Room at Kenmore Mercy Hospital