Depew Dr. Charged with Sexually Abusing Patient | News
DEPEW, N.Y - A Depew doctor was arrested Friday for sexually abusing one of his patients, according to local police.
In a written press release, Depew Police said 62-year-old Dr. Dharam Garg, of Clarence, is charged with a criminal sexual act and sexual abuse that took place over a period of two years with a 49-year-old female patient.
According to Depew Police, the female patient told police that the sexual contact happened during scheduled visits at Dr. Garg's medical office in Depew.
The New York State Attorney General's Office and Depew Police Department began investigating after the woman came forward, according to the press release.
In a statement from the New York State Attorney General's Office, the patient used a cell phone to make an incriminating video recording of the doctor in his office.
Dr. Garg admitted to the sexual contact with the patient, according to Depew Police.
Depew Police also stated that additional charges may be forthcoming. Garg turned over his passport to police and will appear back in Depew court this Wednesday.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood