Clarence Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Minor | News
CLARENCE, NY-- A Clarence man is facing charges for sexually abusing a minor.
Erie County Sheriff deputies say Richard Cannistra, 67, of Boyd Drive, is charged having sexual contact with a person less than 14-years-old, forcible touching and acting in a manner injurious to a child less than 17-years-old.
Cannistra was arrested at his residence on December 18th.
The incidents allegedly took place between 2005 and 2006 when the victim was 11 and 12 years old.
Investigators say the victim's family didn't report the incidents when they occurred, because they decided they would handle the situation internally and cut off contact with Mr. Cannistra.
However, a friend convinced the family to report the incidents to police after they discovered Cannistra was beginning for another family.
Cannistra was issued an appearance ticket to appear in Clarence Town Court at a later date.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors