Clarence Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Minor | News
CLARENCE, NY-- A Clarence man is facing charges for sexually abusing a minor.
Erie County Sheriff deputies say Richard Cannistra, 67, of Boyd Drive, is charged having sexual contact with a person less than 14-years-old, forcible touching and acting in a manner injurious to a child less than 17-years-old.
Cannistra was arrested at his residence on December 18th.
The incidents allegedly took place between 2005 and 2006 when the victim was 11 and 12 years old.
Investigators say the victim's family didn't report the incidents when they occurred, because they decided they would handle the situation internally and cut off contact with Mr. Cannistra.
However, a friend convinced the family to report the incidents to police after they discovered Cannistra was beginning for another family.
Cannistra was issued an appearance ticket to appear in Clarence Town Court at a later date.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars