Jacobs Alerts Motorists to Renew Local and Avoid Vehicle Registration Delays | News
Erie County, NY- Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs wants to make motorists aware that renewing your vehicle registration through the local Auto Bureau or utilizing the signature green-postage paid envelopes, can generate up to $1.5 million in additional revenue for the county and is done without any delays.
Recently the Department of Motor Vehicles identified a defect in registration documents supplied by their vendor. “According to the NYS DMV, this has prevented the printing of most registrations and window stickers that were ordered starting January 1, 2013,” said Jacobs. “As a result, there will be a delay in printing the registrations and stickers for motorists who ordered new, duplicate or renewal documents through Albany since January 1.”
The NYS DMV has issued letters to customers affected assuring them that their registration transaction has been processed and their vehicle’s registration is in full force and effect and permanent registrations and window stickers will be mailed out as soon as they receive the new document supply from the vendor. They have also notified all police agencies and courts of this issue.
“I want to assure residents that it does not impact any of the registration documents issued in any of the Erie County Auto Bureaus,” said Jacobs. “When motorists ‘Renew Local’ any such delays in your vehicle registration can be avoided.”
County Clerk Jacobs encourages all motorists to visit renewlocal.ere.gov, complete the necessary information, and have a “Just Mail It” envelope sent to them directly for future registration renewals. Anyone with questions can call the Erie County Auto Bureau Call Center at 716-858-7450 Monday through Friday from 8:30 am- 4:15 pm or visit www.erie.gov/clerk for a complete list of Auto Bureau locations and hours.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud
- Show Them the Love: Low-Cost, High-Value Employee Benefits
- What will happen to my digital assets if I die or become incapacitated?
- What can I do to protect my username and password information from computer hackers?
- Should You Roll Your 401(k) to an IRA?
- IRS Reverses Long-Standing Position on One-Rollover-per-Year Rule