Dozens Pack Into Public Meeting on Gun Control Law | News
CLARENCE, NY-- New York's new gun control law was the focus of a heated public meeting in Clarence Tuesday.
Many angry gun owners showed up to let the State Police and officials with the Division of Criminal Justice Services know how they feel about the new NY SAFE Act.
It was standing room only at the Clarence Library.
The State Police say anyone with questions on the NY Safe Act can call the state's hotline, which can be reached by dialing 1-855-LAW-GUNS (1-855-529-4867), The hotline is open Monday-Friday during normal business hours. The state launched a website, which also seeks to answer frequently asked questions about the new laws.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way