Dozens Pack Into Public Meeting on Gun Control Law | News
CLARENCE, NY-- New York's new gun control law was the focus of a heated public meeting in Clarence Tuesday.
Many angry gun owners showed up to let the State Police and officials with the Division of Criminal Justice Services know how they feel about the new NY SAFE Act.
It was standing room only at the Clarence Library.
The State Police say anyone with questions on the NY Safe Act can call the state's hotline, which can be reached by dialing 1-855-LAW-GUNS (1-855-529-4867), The hotline is open Monday-Friday during normal business hours. The state launched a website, which also seeks to answer frequently asked questions about the new laws.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars