Dozens Pack Into Public Meeting on Gun Control Law | News
CLARENCE, NY-- New York's new gun control law was the focus of a heated public meeting in Clarence Tuesday.
Many angry gun owners showed up to let the State Police and officials with the Division of Criminal Justice Services know how they feel about the new NY SAFE Act.
It was standing room only at the Clarence Library.
The State Police say anyone with questions on the NY Safe Act can call the state's hotline, which can be reached by dialing 1-855-LAW-GUNS (1-855-529-4867), The hotline is open Monday-Friday during normal business hours. The state launched a website, which also seeks to answer frequently asked questions about the new laws.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program