Reports of Wind Damage Across WNY | News
BUFFALO, NY-- There are scattered reports of damage and power outages caused by Wednesday night's high winds.
A 200-year-old cow barn collapsed outside Ellicottville around 5 a.m. Thursday morning.
The owner tells 2 On Your Side he was in the process of dismantling the barn and the wind seems to have finished the job. His electric meter was attached to the structure and power was knocked out when the structure came down.
WEB EXTRA: A photo gallery of the wind damage.
On Riley Street in the City of Buffalo crews were working early Thursday to fix downed power lines when a tree toppled over. Raw video from the scene is shown in the video player above.
NYSEG workers in Clarence were also dealing with downed power lines on Harris Hill Road near Main Street.
If you have a weather photo you'd like to share, you can upload it to the photo gallery.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know about Social Security?