Reports of Wind Damage Across WNY | News
BUFFALO, NY-- There are scattered reports of damage and power outages caused by Wednesday night's high winds.
A 200-year-old cow barn collapsed outside Ellicottville around 5 a.m. Thursday morning.
The owner tells 2 On Your Side he was in the process of dismantling the barn and the wind seems to have finished the job. His electric meter was attached to the structure and power was knocked out when the structure came down.
WEB EXTRA: A photo gallery of the wind damage.
On Riley Street in the City of Buffalo crews were working early Thursday to fix downed power lines when a tree toppled over. Raw video from the scene is shown in the video player above.
NYSEG workers in Clarence were also dealing with downed power lines on Harris Hill Road near Main Street.
If you have a weather photo you'd like to share, you can upload it to the photo gallery.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors