School Bus Accident in Clarence; Quick Action Prevents Tragedy | News
CLARENCE, NY - The Erie County Sheriff's Department says four people, inlcuding a 4-year-old child, suffered minor injuries in an accident involving a car and a small school bus Wednesday morning.
It happened at the intersection of County and Strickler Roads in Clarence shortly after 7:30.
There were three people on the bus. The driver, monitor and a disabled child. The 4-year-old child and driver suffered minor injuries. The bus driver, monitor and child were all taken to the hospital to be checked out.
The 15-year-old passenger in the other car involved in the crash was taken to ECMC with a concussion. The 18-year-old driver of the car has been ticketed for failure to stop at a stop sign and excessive speed for conditions. Clarence Schools Superintendent Thomas Coseo confirms to 2 On Your Side that both teens are district students who were on their way to school at the time of the accident.
The Sheriff's Department credits the use of seat belts by all of the parties involved for the minor nature of the injuries.
A representative from Carrier Coach tells us the bus driver yelled in advance before the bus flipped and the monitor apparently shielded the child to protect him. The child was also securely strapped into a booster harness.
The accident happened around 7:30 Wednesday morning at County Rd., and Strickler Rd.
Upcoming Events near Clarence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sólo cuatro meses dejó puede cambiar sus finanzas de fin de año
- Fourth Quarter 2014: Still Time for a Personal Finance Comeback!
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014