CLARENCE, N.Y - Downed power lines sparked a shed fire and set several pine trees on fire Saturday evening.
Firefighters were called to a home on David Drive around 6 p.m. but it took several hours to put out the flames because of live wires.
Firefighters say they called NYSEG when they got to the scene, but crews didn't show up to cut electricity until 10:45 p.m.
Harris Hill Volunteer Fire Department Chief Nick Radlich said that delay put nearby homes at risk.
"We had emergency services tied up for five hours. We understand they have a job to do, too, but when it's an emergency so do we," said Radlich.
Firefighters were able to fully extinguish the flames once the electricity was shut off.